Monday, October 22, 2001

oh sweet glorious vicodin...
On Friday, my dad drove me to Van Nuys to get all 4 of my wisdom teeth pulled out. I was so freaked out that I didn't really think while dressing in the morning, so I had my blouse on inside out.

My oral surgeon, Dr. Chung, looked like Iron Chef Morimoto. :)

I pretty much knocked out once I got the IV, and when I woke up I was wisdomtoothless and the lower part of my face felt like rubber.
Since my mom wasn't going to be home that night, i spent the night over at my dads where I was pretty much babied by Tita Lagring. :) Attempted eating soup, slept and woke up to tita's mah jong night gathering. :) Played with my little cousin Phoebe and then fell asleep again.

Woke up the next morning.. went with dad to go visit my nanang at the home. she doesn't remember me. :( But what really scared me was how fragile and how weak she looked from the last time I saw her. It was hard for me to realize that this little woman in the hospital bed was my robust grandma who used to chase me around the house with a halloween mask whenever I did something bad when I was younger or who would tell my sister and I crazy stories about her youth in the philippines. its just weird and scary.

Dad brought me back home where I slept some more... was suprised by Beth with a pumkin, a bag of pudding snacks, and good gossip. :) Carlene called and convinced my mom to kidnap me and take me out in public so that we can watch THE DEBUT with her and chelle (which was ok... the acting wasn't all that great and the storyline didn't resolve that well... and I guess I sorta disagreed with main characters views and the whole projection that they were giving of your basic filipino family... BUT it is a first for filipino americans to come out with a movie so that itself is an achievement)..and then came home and slept.

today... i slept. sweet glorious vicodin. thats all i really have to say.
1) I'm grateful for my dad and aunt for taking care of me on Friday... even though I felt OK.. it was still a good feeling to have someone watching over me and making sure I'm feeling alright. :)
2) I'm grateful that everything went well... I was so scared that I was going to die or something cause you hear of those crazy stories of people dying in dental offices because of too much sedatives... eeek. yeah... I was freaked out.
3) I'm grateful for my SL gals..:) I miss them so.. :) *muah*

No comments: