Friday, October 12, 2001

OH GLORIOUS WEEKEND! :)

I'm sorta kinda feeling EH at the moment... (EH as in... crap tired and crampy...) so I'm sorta just blogging just for the sake of blogging... plus also I reliazed that when I need to fill out my MRFs...I usually don't remember or write down my doings, so I have to refer to my good ole blog just to double check on what I seem to remember and recreate my months.

2 of my classes are done!! YAY!! :) The finals weren't too harsh and I think everyone did pretty damn good. :)

Been working on my whole "COME TO FTC" promotional thingie...:) I got to spread the FTC love and excitment to Cal Poly (where after the meeting I accompanied Joe to get his haircut and took some most interesting pictures... OH and discovered that there are way more *Ghostwriter* loving geeks there than I originally thought.) and UCR (where Beth and I witnessed Pete trying to dig through a giant vat of chocolate pudding, marshmellows, and bananas for PIECES of his bell and gavel.... blindfolded. Poor guy... never tell your board about another club's doings... it might just give them ideas)... and this weekend I'll be over at the Magic ECM. :) WHOOO!

Unfortunantly since I have my second to last FTC meeting this weekend (6 more weeks... EEEK) I'm totally missing out at the mini Orogo family reunion up north. :( It totally sucks cause my "favorite" Tito Sonny is driving down from Seattle and I haven't seen my cousins there for a while...well, I guess after all the madness, then I can finally take a break (somewhat) and do some of the things that I'm missing out on. But then again, I'm having a total blast doing this.. :)

Today had a lunch date with dad... and then went to Walmart with my mom. Carlene just got home and we've been chatting for the last 3 hours on life, school, health, and oh but of course... guys. :) I love her so much.... I was telling Beth the other day about how my sister and I used to torment our poor mom at the grocery when we were younger smartasses. During christmas time one year, she was buying rum or some sort of alcoholic drink for baking purposes when we should start to look sad and cry.."MOM!! YOU PROMISED YOU WOULD STOP DRINKING!! PLEASE MOM NO!!" loudy... and we would get disaproving looks from shoppers around us... and then my mom would get in on the joke and start exclaming how it was because of us that she was drinking and being all "sinful"... *ah memories* Yeah.. I love my family..:) I definitely think I inherit this crazy insane sarcastic sense of humor from my mom's side.

*you're so vain...you probably think this song is about you...*
-I was listening to Carly Simon on the radio today and that just got into my head for some reason... weird.
1) I'm grateful for good relationships. I really love my friends and family... and I think I'm blessed by the fact that I'm surrounded by people who love me and accept me for who I am. At least I hope so... but really... I know people who have a hard time with their parents or are always losing friends and really don't know how to maintain them... and although I do have many-a-problems with my family many-a-times and I'm definitely not perfect, but I'm so grateful that the people in my life won't hesitate to set me straight when I do wrong... and if I were to do wrong... they won't be completely evil and drop me. They'll help me through it and on occasion make fun of me and my folly...and make me feel foolish... and oh so loved.
2) I'm grateful for a date and the opportunity just to hang out with my dad. Sometimes I do try to avoid him cause I feel that he really doesn't hear me and I'll just get a lecture of some sort... but I had fun today.. and we had a good conversation. At times I felt a bit awkward, but I think that things will improve with time.
3) I'm grateful cause I KNOW what I'm going to get my mom for Christmas.. hehehehe... she kinda gave me an idea while we were out today..SOOO.. now its just a matter of saving up the money or getting the job to get the money to get it. :) OH..and I need to figure out something for my dad... and mysister.. but once I do!! I'll be pretty set family wise for Christmas!

No comments: