Tuesday, October 09, 2001

Just had funny conversation with Jean where we both discovered that we both shared a geeky passion for "GHOSTWRITER" on PBS... Its weird how you discover things about people and how you have things in common with them... Jean started to freak me out cause she remembered episodes and names of some random characters.. hehehehe.. :) Yeah... I loved Ghostwriter.. I used to have a pen on string around my neck and say.. "GO GHOSTWRTER GO!". OH MY GOSH!! And now I'm discovereing that Luc liked it too!

DoDo79: what can u write about
spaznik: well. im sorta writing how you discover you have things in common with people... but how its things that you'd never think anyone else would...
DoDo79: oooh
DoDo79: write that
spaznik: hahaha..
spaznik: yeah... cause i was just talking with jean.. and we both discovered that we loved watching GHOSTWRITER on PBS...
spaznik: and i never thought anyone else watched it besides my sister and i
DoDo79: you liked ghostwriter?
spaznik: YES!!
DoDo79: GHOSTWRITER was the bomb
DoDo79: RALLY
DoDo79: hahaha
spaznik: SHUT UP!! YOU TOO!!
DoDo79: RALLY J
spaznik: HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH
DoDo79: RALLY L
DoDo79: hahaha...the asian girl
DoDo79: and jamal
DoDo79: and the song writer
DoDo79: and the brother and little sister


How weird is that!!?! YEAH.. Ghostwriter was the bomb-diggity. And here I thought I was the only one who happily awaited for 5pm to roll around on weekdays so I can go "RALLY L" on PBS. Its so weird... Its like how Beth and I discovered that we had secret crushes on Johnathan Crombie (Gilbert) from the "Anne of Green Gables" movies and loved Colin Firth before his fame on Bridget Jones, but instead as the OG Mr. Darcy on the A&E "Pride and Predjudice" miniseries. Or how Laura and I started laughing at bugs on the windshield cause it reminded us of the Mavis Beacon typing computer game where if you missed the correct key a fly would smash into the winshield of your fake computer monitor car. I'm sure there are many of you who are going.. HUH?? WHAT? I DONT GET IT? And thats what I'm talking about!! There are a lot of interests that I share with the people of my generation... toys and whatever was popular culture of our days but there are some where you think its a lame doing of your own and then BAM! you're not alone.. :) its soo cool. It might be a sign of kindred spirits or something... :) (go ahead and say it... *its a sign that you're a weird dorky freak!* but its ok.. i admit it.. I'm a geek.. :D)

*note to beth*... I didn't forget about Nicole-uary or Jean-ly... :) Actually I did forget about Jean-ly but thought Nicole-uary wasn't as cool as the others.

*Hysterical nonsense*
1) I'm grateful for Trader Joe's... fun cheap healthy food! Who knew that soy ice cream could be pretty damn good.
2) I'm grateful for the wonderful programming at PBS.. :) They brought back Sister Wendy!! :) OK.. for those who don't know who she is.. shes an nun in about her 70's who has her own art show... she dresses full out in her habit (nun attire), points out every sexual reference in a painting that shes critiquing, and speaks with a slight lisp. Its very entertaining. And as much as I loathe Huell Howser. his show California's Gold is very educational and it makes me want to travel and check out all the random sites in California. (if there was any doubt in your mind about my geekness... um yeah. I think we're way above and beyond that now huh.)
3) I'm grateful for microwaves. :) Defrosting would take FOREVER without them!!

No comments: