Sunday, October 14, 2001

Well, the other night (friday), i was basically scaring myself shitless. Right around midnight, the power went out. My whole complex went completely dark. For added drama, I'm home alone because my mom and carlene are up in SF for the family reunion thingie. Lets add Nicole's horrible imagination and all these terror threats and the tragedy on Sept 11... mix and bring to boil... and Nicole goes crazy. Yep, I was definitely freaked out... I'm not a real big fan of being alone in darkness. First thing that popped into my head wa that LA is being attacked and here I am without my mom. Luckily Jean called me on my cellie so I felt a bit better.. but she had to go. :( So I called Carrie just to double check that the Los Angeles/Pomona area hasn't been a victim of someone's insanity... and yay.. we weren't. My dad called my cell just because... I thought that he had a blackout over in his vicinity... but no.. he called to tell me that he got me some shoes and hoped that they fit. My mom called to check up on me.. and the later on Jean kept me company on the phone again cause I was too afraid to sleep just yet. :) Well... tied a flashlight to my bed and willed myself to catch some zzz's.

Well, yesterday I had my FTC meeting.. :) Like usual, I think the best I can say is "SO FAR SO GOOD!" and really it is. :) I guess I won't see how things are really happening until that weekend. But getting the mailing out has taken my stress level down from a 8 to probably a 4. I'm sure it'll be soaring when the event actually happens though...

On our way home from the meeting, Rashmi got a call from Chrissy on her cellie... they're talking and then Rashmi turns to me and asks... "what are you doing tonight?" where I replied "nothing really... probably just clean." Rashmi then said, "Well, wanna go to the Backstreet Boys concert?" "I really don't have money for that..." "Its free...." "OH HELL YEAH!"

Well, being a devoted NSYNC fan... I felt that I was betraying my boys for going...(Poor Keri and Mariss were very appalled that I was going to a BSB concert..) but oh the otherhand it was "free!" and my original plan for my Saturday night was to clean and be pathetic... so I think the choice was obvious.

The opening act was some chick Krystal.... I dunno... and then Sisqo, whom was pretty kick ass but thought it was weird that he was singing some R&B sex jam to an audience of preteens and their parents. Then BSB came... and very suprisinly, I was screaming along with their crazy pre-teen fans! I guess it was the excitment of it all. Sure... when I first got to the pavillion, I forgot some of their names... and I didn't know all the words to their songs... BUT the concert was really awesome! When they did sing a song that I knew.. I was so freaking happy! I never realized how many nice slow songs they had... it was a night of constantly having those moments were you wish you had someone to share those lovey dovey love songs with you. Oh well... I had a really great time and thats all that really matters huh. OH!! that one dude... um... I think its Kevin.. he had braids and a beard... and was LOOKING like Snoop Dog! :) I swear...

*let me show you the shape of my heart...*
(sigh)
1) I'm soooooooooooooooooooo grateful that nothing really horrible didn't happen the other night and that my only foe was my imagination. (how poetic was that!)
2) I'm grateful for Jean... :) cause although she didn't drive up to keep my company the other night.. (she offered...) she pretty much stayed with me for an hour or so and assured me that Pomona wasn't being attacked. heheheh... :) She's the coolest chick in the henhouse. ;)
3) I'm grateful for a TERRIFIC time yesterday with Chrissy, Rashmi, and Yohan at the BSB concert. :) Thanks sooooo much Chrissy for inviting me!! :) It was sooo kick ass. I've always thought that Nick Carter was a cutie (especially when his lip did this lil curl thing during the "I Want it That Way" video... *sigh*) and I liked a lot of their slow songs, but I wasn't much of a BSB fan... now I think they made it onto my "soooo coool" list. (But NSYNC and Lance will always be my #1 pop love...) :)

No comments: