Wednesday, August 22, 2001

Well, in usual mom fashion, she spent her Birthday being a kid and frolicking at the happiest place on Earth, Disneyland, with her best friend from the 7th grade, Tita Julie, whom she hasn't seen in 20 years. Unfortunately, I had class... but my sister and I were able to meet them over at Downtown Disney for dinner at the Jazz Kitchen. :) The two of them were all Disney-ed out and told me that they had saw Steven Tyler from Aerosmith frolicking in the park as well with his bodyguard. Weird huh,. no kids, no family, no posse, just him and his bodyguard. Anyhoo, after our fill of jambalaya pasta and bread, mom and tita julie went back into the park to check out Fantasmic and the Indiana Jones ride, while Carlene and I went window shopping...

*mmmmbop*
(as Melissa would say.. OH HELLLL NO!)
1) I'm grateful for my mom... Happy Birthday! She has sacraficed so much for my sister and I... she truly is amazing, even when she nags. :) I love her so much.
2) I'm grateful for my classes... I'm really loving them. (I know I've only been in school not even 2 weeks now, but I'm really feeling it and understanding all of it. And I feel that I'm learing skills that are really going to benifit me in the future. :) YAY!
3) I'm grateful to for the discovery of some good books out there. :) There's a collection of short stories out there by Aimee Bender called "The Girl in the Flammable Skirt" that were simply amazing... Also "A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius" by David Eggers was a kick ass read. AHHHH... I'm a nerd... :)

No comments: