Sunday, August 19, 2001

:D it was a GREAT weekend!!

It all started off Thursday afternoon when Kathy came up from SD for the Board Meeting... we met up with Ryan and Beth to go to Gameworks since it was LADIES NIGHT (all games free!) So we all took advantage of playing games we normally wouldn't play... virtual fighter and that one Pirate Game where you get strapped in the seat and it makes you fly up and down... that was very interesting. :) Kathy and I horded STAR WARS for a good hour and we managed to FINISH the game... :)

Friday, Kathy and I drove to South Coast in hopes of finding her a CRAB mascot... but there were NONE! Weird... FAO Shwartz has Praying Mantis plush, but no Crabs. ummmm.. yeah. Then it was off to Beth's to meet up with her and Ryan... off to the Cheesecake Factory for a dinner with Manny, Sukhyung, Armando, Kenny... and then mini golf! Kathy made up the teams, and since I haven't played mini golf for the longest time, I think was the weakest link for our team. :( NAH.. its alright.. our team kept the game very "INTERESTING"... (um...we sorta kinda cheated.) Manny kept on loosing his balls.. the first time I was *this close* to wading into the pond to get him a new ball but luckily he found his in the bushes. (*this close* means jacket and shoes were kicked off and I was a toe away from wading). The second time, Kathy and Manny were using their clubs as chopsticks and I had to stick my hand into the pond to fish it out, as our other team member Armando looked on. Crashing umbrellas, skeeball, army men, and bouncy balls later.. we were all back at Beth's where Jimmy and Ellie met up with us and we had preboard meeting and late night kinkos run for last minute xeroxing of agendas, proposals,and board reports.

FTC and Board Meeting on Saturday... big big hugs for the members who came to the FTC meeting... Mike, you must be a parking ticket, cause you have FINE written all over you!!! Stephanie YOU KICK ASS!! Board meeting went well and not as long as I expected! :) Back to Beth's for MAFIA and EITHER/OR... and off KARAOKING! :D Let me say, that Ryan, Jimmy, and Shaym's rendition of Meriditth Brook's BITCH was the most disturbing thing I have ever heard, none the less freaking entertaining. Jimmy never got to sing his song, but at least we got to him croon *STAYING ALIVE* :) Beth and I were shocked to learn that Armando is just as dorky as we were.. :) and I think everyone had plenty-o-fun. Ice Cream and frech fries at Rocky Cola where Kathy drank a teaspoon of Tabasco sauce for $.35. Family thought I was MIA, so Kathy and I had to leave, but not before taking some pictures next to a sign that was too interesting to ignore. :)

Now, I gotta hit the books. :( Sad sad sad....
ta da!
1) I'm grateful for the opportunity to bond with the board... it was so much fun! :) Kathy and Armando are going to get married and Beth captured a lot of quotes for her site. YAY!
2) I'm grateful that the Board meeting went well and that Beth got the theme she wanted. :) Yeah she would have done a kick ass job with any of the other themes, but she's really going to shine with this one... also NOT go crazy with it during the next 8 months.
3) I'm grateful that Melissa is back home for a good week. :)

*ppssst. HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY JOE! (its tomorrow actually... so everyone go tell Joe that you love him.) *MUAH* Love ya!

No comments: