Friday, January 26, 2001

Today was my first day at my new job and I'm thinking.. WHAT DID I GET MYSELF INTO!?! It just seems like a lot of things I need to remember and do. Its all overwhelming I guess... but thats how it was when I first started Telephone Services... so hopefully, it will all become second nature. *cross fingers* I started off by filling out a WHOLE bunch of paperwork... name, address, telephone, have you been convicted of a felony, blah blah blah. So then they send me off to the Foundation which is in COLLEGE PARK!! (For those who don't go to CSUF.. College Park is across the street from the actual campus.... it didn't seem as long a walk that I'd thought it would be.... actually I hear that they may be moving the WHOLE COMMUNICATIONS department across the street so I guess its good that I know now that the walk isn't as bad as it seems. Right? I'm not making sense am I am? Ehhh.. oh well!) So.. then after the excitement of going over to the foundation, I go back to the box office for TRAINING. And from that moment till I'm done... I'm looking bewildered and overwhelmed. SO I guess I'm looking pretty freaked out to Pam, my new supervisor, so then she makes me feel better by saying.. "Just think... we CHOSE you cause we think you can do the job.. you should feel pretty good about it... =) You had an uphill battle and you got there! (Uphill battle refers to the fact that I have never had any cashiering experience... but I think that dealing with some really retarded people when I was an telephone operator helped me get the job. It seems that I probably will be dealing with STUPID people once again... *sigh* I can never escape them!) Overall.. it was pretty cool and everyone is very nice. =)

I just got back from a LATE dinner with my SL gals.. Keri, Marissa, and Tina... where they filled me in with the newest GOSSIP! It seems like EVERYONE from my high school is either getting married or has gotten married.. or pregnant... or HAD A BABY already.... and it makes me wonder... WHERE THE HELL IS MY FREAKING MR. RIGHT?? OK.... I know I say I'm not looking or anything cause frankly.. I don't have time... But dammit.. its making me pretty impatient since its like everyone else has already found their LOBSTER! *argh* ehhhh.. what to dooooo?? I don't know... but Mr. Right.. if you are out there... will you PLEASE make your MOVE anytime soon?? Like say... before I go crazy and end up living off of ENSURE and soft foods!!!! GRACIOUS!! hehehe.. I'm even on the verge of calling CLEO.. you know.. that wierd psychic lady who has that thick Jamaican accent..."you give your man money huh... OH you laugh now... But he walks around looking GQ while you walk around looking like a PAUPER!" . But nah.. I won't I will cause I'm terrified if she predicts.. YOU WERE NEVER DESTINED TO FALL IN LOVE.. AND YOU WILL GROW OLD AND BE VERY LONLEY... AND YOUR ONLY PURPOSE FOR LIFE IS TO FEED YOUR 50 DOGS!!! eek!!! NOO!! That would be HORRIBLE!!

Other than all that... dinner was pretty cool! I don't remember how exactly the subject came up.. but for some reason I was saying ORGY pretty loud over and over at Chilis.. and I think Marissa thought I was a freak or something.=) hehehhehehe... "GOOD TIMES" guys.. it was cool! =D Except I don't think I'll be taking them to METRO any time soon.. yeah.. it IS a bit ghetto over there. Just a bit. =D

Oh.. a funny something that Danielle from work told me.. =) She was telling me that she was going through her fraternity's letters that they send out to businesses asking for monetary donations. Well.. she noticed that the word that was supposed to be PUBLIC.. the L was missing.... hence making the fraternity help the PUBIC!! And no one has noticed this mistake in all the 3 semesters they have been using this letter!! HAHAHAHA.. isn't that insane!?! It sounds like something I'd do for CKI.. gracious!!

OH!! another thing.. I was thinking... is it me or is there something wrong with the song THIS OLD MAN. You know.. the one that goes "THIS OLD MAN.. HE PLAYED ONE.. HE PLAYED NICK NACK ON MY THUMB"... the whole song DOESN'T make sense!??! What the freak is NICK NACK?? I dunno.. maybe THIS OLD MAN is a freaky perv or something... then again.. I think I'm thinking too hard again.

=D *duh* Here it is!
1) I'm grateful I found the manual for my phone! I swear.. for the last 2 weeks, the dial has been on PULSE dialing and it was driving me INSANE!! I couldn't get into my voice mail or anything cause I guess the phone did't register a pulse dial... but YAY.. I found it!! So now its all fixed and I even got to change the phone ring!! It isn't anything cool but its different!
2) I'm grateful I have my friends... cause IF I don't have my Mr Right... I have the pefect friends who will make sure I won't be lonely. AWWWWW!!
3) I'm grateful for my cell phone headset... it was a christmas gift from my mom.. and it makes driving easier!! Yes yes.. I know.. you should't drive and talk at the same time... but the head set is VERY easy and safer!! =D PLUS.. you can get fined now if you are driving with your cellie... so yeah.. EVERYONE GET A HEADSET!!

No comments: