Wednesday, January 10, 2001

its raining...its pouring... the old man is snoring....

well... 10 days later... i am now MOVED IN. YAY! =) pretty much everything is in its place... and the place looks pretty kick ass. =) we even have fred here already! =) YAY!! yup... he's sleeping on my bed right now snoring and farting like CRAZY. Its hard to summarize what my daily happenings have been for the past week... cause it all pretty much consists of me packing... loading... unloading... aching... frustrated cause i couldnt find what i thought i had put into a box... attempting to put the washing maching in the lil washing machine closet but it didnt fit.. breaking part of the door so that it would fit.... discovering that washing machine was HELLA old and shaking like it was possessed by the devil and since it was in the tiny closet it was 10 times louder... taking out the supposedly broken washing machine... calling the webrent people to rent a maching... rent-a-machine arrives but its too big to fit into the WM closet... web rent guy (whom my mom got really chummy with) goes out and fixes the old machine with the rickets and puts it back into the closet... go to IKEA and get a shelf for only $29... take 2 hours assembling the shelf and when im done relize that i messed up and theres nothing i can do about it cause every nail is in its place... getting sick and hacking my lungs... visiting walmart daily for things that i cant seem to find anymore... playing with my wannabe palm pilot... yeah.. OH SO EXCITING. OH yeah.. also.. i went to the AMERICAN MUSIC AWARDS... TYRESE AND BBMAK are very cool. =) thats all i have to say.

hmmmm... yeah.... my life is as exciting as a piece of cheese.
anyhoo... let me tell you what im grateful for. =)
1) im grateful for my mom's SUV... THANK GOD she bought it cause it fits oh so many things....
2) im grateful for the friends who came to help move and who offered to help move. =) *ahem manny and angela carrying the TV set*. let me remark on manny getting soooooo desperate to watch DREW CARREY at 7 so first he fought the antennas.. then we got picture but NO SOUND... so in all his despreation he thinks that he should call someone up to put their phone up to the TV. HAHAHAHAH.. DORK!!
3) im grateful for life. sometimes i forget that this is a gift and i take it for granted... live each day to the fullest. =) dont think of this as an excuse to do something STUPID... just LIVE and DO SOMETHING WORTHWHILE.

they sold the house yesterday... so i kinda have mixed emotions right now.. like im happy cause now both my parents get go move on with their lives, everyone grows from the experience and i hope changes are made for the better. and yet... its painful cause this is the house i lived in for a good 19 years.... i have my memories.... and its hard to think that people are going to be redecorating my room or doing something else with the kitchen... you know? and i always thought that id go back there with my family and show my kids were i grew up... show them how my sister and i used to tap dance for my family in the living room hallway.... how we used to have pool parties... where i fell off the hill... where i rode the bike through the neighborhood...*sigh* what can i do but just remeber.... HOME IS WHERE THE HEART IS... and just as long as i have my family.. then i am home.

well... this is my somewhat emotional blogger today. =) just a lot of things that are happening... i dunno.... its insane how time flies by.




No comments: