Monday, December 24, 2001

You know what I love? I love it when you walk outside at night and its freezing cold.. but you can smell the wood burning in the fireplaces of your neighbors. It just screams winter!!

With all the last minute shopping and preparations... Christmas is finally here! Last Friday, Carlene and I went over to the Simbang Gabi mass over at St. Paul's. (Simbang Gabi in the Philippines is this traditional dawn Christmas Mass, but here its just a tagalog mass and gathering afterwards) It was really cute because they had some of the little girls in the congregation dress up as angels and they were sitting up at the alter and waving to their parents... :) Afterwards, we met up with some of Carlene's friends over in Pasadena for Cheesecake and shopping. :) OH the weirdest thing... On our way home, we stopped by the 24 hour Walmart to get some medicine (I'm feeling icky still) and it was around midnight... and the place was SOOOOOO crowded. It was like it was 12 in the afternoon there.. the lines were long... i guess last minute shopping huh. Insane...

Saturday was mom's Barkada christmas party... :) I have to admit, Carlene and I weren't too excited to go considering that for the last 5 years, it usually consist of us kids just sitting in the corner, bored out of our minds and trying to think of something fun or interesting to do. But I actually had a lot of fun... too bad we pretty much see each other once a year... or on occasion when Tito Jerry and Tita Thel wanna go camping and go invite the whole clan. So instead of having the adults just line us up and give us envelopes, we had Kris Kringles instead since we are all older. So I had Myles and Arron had me... (yay!! I got my books!! :)) It was hilarious because Adrian had Carlene, and he got her the Shrek DVD... so Carlene was opening it and there was a game piece on the wrapping. Anyhoo, on her game piece, it said "YOU WIN AN X BOX." Of course, Carlene doesn't know what it is and all the boys are screaming at her... :) SO now at least when the Christmas party is back at our house, we'll have something to do! But poor Joseph was so bitter and wanted to kick Carlene's ass afterwards though...

Heheheh.. speaking of Carlene, she's so cute. She just came in right now crying cause she finished reading "A Walk To Remember" by Nicholas Sparks just now with Michael over the phone... apparently he's crying too. :)

On Sunday, spent the day down in Pasadena with Joe, Luc, and Armando finishing up some GO WEST! stuff. :) EEK! I gotta think of clues for the scavenger hunt... *note to self... think of clues* I think this is the most times I have gotten lost in one day... damn those YAHOO directions. There was this old decrepid woman who gave us the evil eye because Joe accidently cut her off... I think she cursed him, his children, and his children''s children. The day was fun though... except when all the guys went into a round of singing OOMPA LOOMPA from Willy Wonka.. *ewwwwww.. its a creepy movie! * I think that maybe they dropped me off first so then they can all go to HOOTERS... ;p At least I got to go see big giant double decker Target!

Anyways, today is Christmas eve... and I'll be going over to my Uncle's for dinner an probably midnight mass. :) Sooooo... Maligayang Pasko!

:) for those who don't understand... Merry Christmas!!

Hope you get all that you asked Santa for...

No comments: