Tuesday, December 25, 2001

:) Ah Christmas.... I didn't really ask for anything, but I feel as if I've recieved the whole world.

Everyone is sleeping right now... Carlene and I got home probably about an hour ago from Tito Nandings... Christmas was great! :) My Aunt and cousin came from the Philippines, Jr's cousins John and Gerry were down too, and the usual Concepcion clan was all together with the exception of my mom... who had to stay home cause she was on call and she wasn't feeling well. :( I guess thats the only thing that got to me today... we were all around the table saying grace, and Jr brought up that blood is thicker than water. (an analogy that was used when my mom left my dad so many years ago that always makes me cringe... i don't think they use it as a way to make me feel guilty about the situation anymore, but still...) And yes, I'm sure that my dad's side care for my mom still cause they gave Carlene and I her presents to pass on to her, but still, I sometimes wish things were the same as before... but then again... I probably wouldn't be as happy as I am today would I. Mom wouldn't be either. And dad wouldn't be the way he is now... I guess things can't be all too perfect.

Well at least Christmas day will be spent with my mom... *hopefully she won't be called in to work* We got her this really spiffy fondue set, so she's all ready to break it in for Christmas lunch. And then a movie... :)

Traditions change.

Midnight mass was hilarious though. All the cousins sat in the front pew while the adults sat behind us... and well... they slept during the mass. *tsk tsk* I think we were trying our hardest to stay awake for fear that the priest might come over and scold the whole family for falling alseep.

I really really love my family... :) My cousins and aunts and uncles are the greatest... and pure entertainment. Thank God for them... and that I only see them on occasion, because if I were to see them ALL the time... I'd definitely go batty.

No comments: