Sunday, December 16, 2001

i think im getting sick. :( my throat is all icky and it kinda hurts when i swallow... that cant be good huh. its been really really cold here... insanely cold... cold where i have 3 quilts on my bed and i'm still nippy. Brrrrrrr.

Anyhoo...the weekend was good. Friday, my mom woke me up so that I can run some errands... then while driving in the rain.. carlene calls and she needs me to pick her up cause shes got tire problems... then off to Target to finish some Christmas shopping... meet up with carlene in San Dimas.. get lunch... go shop again at Target... and then back home to get ready for the christmas party, finish baking another tray of baklava, and cook.

The christmas shindig was lots of fun.... pretty chill. :) Lots of eating... I think everyone kept on snacking up until 6am. We played that one Gift Exchange game... YAY HARRY POTTER PIGGY BANK! Cranium went pretty wild... I got to team up with Luc and Ryan Billings... Ryan was our actual SMART guy on the team, whereas Luc and myself... we were the creative forces. ;) Then it was Mafia.. where the bastards kept on killing me. A great big :P to Beth for doing that.

Saturday night was pretty eventful. Big night at D&B. Cept for the fact that I'm incredibly retarded and didn't have a valid CA ID. Luckily Manny and Mondo were still near the door so I wasn't abandoned. I beged with the bouncer... showed him my SS card... Red Cross Blood Doner Card... but nothing. :( So then Mondo drove Beth, Luc, and myself back to my apartment so that I can search for it while Ryan, Kenny, and Manny stayed and waited for the table. I was about to give up.. (and screaming at Luc and Mondo to get out of my room cause it's soooooo messy) when Beth looks inside my closet dresser and finds my new drivers license. YAY!!! =D And by the time we get there.. we have a table! Double YAY!! D&B was very cool.. kinda reminded me of Vegas without all of the ching-ing of the slot machines. Dinner was pretty good... even though the service was kinda eh. Crazy drunkard Beth had one Mudslide and then got incredibly tired and RED. ;) Afterwards, we all just played the games... got lots of tickets (thanks to Luc and Manny for jacking the huge pile of them on the ground) and rubber hammers for everyone! soooo great big THANKs to Beth for finding my ID... Mondo for driving and trying to talk to the manager... and everyone else for not KICKING MY ASS!

Afterwards we went back to Beth's place were we chatted about Christmas gifts for the opposite sex (really.. guys want corkboards, cotton teeshirts, and a pack of pens??) among other things. So yeah... even with all the dorky madness in the begining and i felt incredibly BAD for being such a moron.. I can look back and laugh... and cringe... but still laugh... and cringe.

Today was mainly my SUNDAY FAMILY DAY! (sorry mariss, keri, and tina... :( We'll meet up soon though! Pinky swear!) But before that, it was off to the gym.. and then Mass (where Carlene and I figured out that our highlight of going to chuch for the last 20 years was waiting to sing whatever the next hymn was... we got excited whenever the choir sang anything old from the Holy Name days... hehehe.. yeah... we're dorks.) and then it was off to dinner.. and then some shopping. When we got home, my mom was convinced that she's the next SHAKIRA and proceeded to dance for Carlene and me (and herself) infront of the mirror... Oooo. that was HILARIOUS.

I really don't know whats gonna happen for Christmas. This is what.. my 3rd christmas with the parents being apart and I still don't know how it will turn out. I'm thinking that she'll come with Carlene and myself to Dads on christmas eve (we usually celebrate christmas eve.. kinda like new years... we open gifts at midnight... on christmas day... its just chill basically.) and we'll have a big huge family gathering... At least I'm hoping that.

No comments: