Wednesday, December 19, 2001

Carlene and I went out to lunch with dad on Monday... turns out he's trying his bestest to get us fixed up with his friend's sons. He's like scoping out his future son-in-laws. Scary... THANK GOD that arranged marriages aren't big anymore or else I'd be so screwed. But then again, life would be somewhat easier without the pressure of finding that certain someone to spend the rest of your life with. Hmmm... but still... I've seen what happened with arranged marriages in the JOY LUCK CLUB... scary.

I think I'm pretty terrified to bring someone into my family... my mom is pretty cool... but my dad... it would take a lot to win him over. And then there are my aunts and uncles... who are all really easygoing, but still... they are some interesting characters that new comers may not be used to.

My parents only knew each other for about 5 months or so and they got married. And look how things are... Something in me is scared that I could be one of them in the future. I'll marry someone who is wrong for me. Its a fear of making the wrong committment... but how will i know if that person is the right one and that I'm not making a mistake.

Notice how I'm freaking out over nothing. Probably when the time comes.. I'll know right? *crosses fingers*


No comments: