Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Growing up, my Nanang would always leave food for my Tatang on an altar. The only thing was that my Tatang was dead. He was the grandfather I never really knew considering that he died when I was 2 years old. So whenever my Nanang would leave out food and say that it was for him, I was convinced that his spirit would eat the food... or just suck out the essence because after a week of offering, it would end up dry and unplesant looking.

So I was thinking about this today with Carlene and wondered if anyone was "offering" cooked food for my Nanang, now that she has passed, over at aunt's and uncle's places.

Carlene: Maybe we should put out food here for her...
Me: Like what? Lean cusines?

I dunno, the whole idea sort of creeps me out. I mean, what IF one day, the food is gone because someone is actually eating it. Or what if we leave food and its something she doesn't like. Then what will happen?

Just a thought.