Sunday, September 19, 2004

When I was a freshman in college, I joined a club called Circle K and immediately bonded with the group. Among them, was a girl named Erin... and although she wasn't a freshman, she was also a newbie like me. She had the GREATEST COUCH EVER at her apartment and I spent many a nights on it after CKI events or late night studying. When times were tough, she was probably THE one I vented to and to this day, I am truly grateful for it. She was fun, silly, and overall was and has always been a terrific friend.

This weekend Erin got married.


What a pretty bouquet...
I wonder who made it. ;)


Her walk down the aisle was quite dramatic with her in her gown being perfectly silhouetted with the brightness of the sun behind her. She was gorgeous and I was definitely tearing up. It seemed a bit surreal to see her up at the alter, saying her vows. Maybe it was because it felt like we've been talking and planning for more than a year.... and there it was, the product before our eyes. Or maybe it was because it made me feel old and there I was, in that stage where your friends are getting married and starting their "older" lives... with their husbands and own kids.

Anyways, it was a beautiful wedding. During the reception, I was happily reunited with some of my ex phone operator girls (my first job that actually Erin help me get) as well as Connie, my boss from Telephone Services... and we DANCED. We trained. We YMCAed. We got "Crazy in Love" with Beyonce. It was good times.


Oh my gosh... Erin's married!


So congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. Ackerson. May you two have a beautiful "happily ever after."

No comments: