Saturday, September 04, 2004

So, today's wedding was really "different" considering the fact that while we were at the hotel ballroom, decorating, we learned that the GROOM LEFT THE BRIDE AT THE ALTAR!!!.

*gasp*

While I was working on the backdrop (a really cute one if I do say so myself), I overheard a waiter say that the event was cancelled... but since we didn't stop working, I figured that he was joking. But then later, a coordinator came in and told us that he never showed up for the ceremony.

I know. How sad is that!! But I guess since everything was already paid for and if you're going to be dumped by someone you thought wanted to spend the rest of his life with you... well might as well spend that first night surrounded by your family, friends, and lots of pink chiffon and twinkle lights.

Aww, that poor bride though. It must be heartbreaking. Its one thing to say "Hey. I can't get married." and just not come to the church at all. What a coward. And I guess this wedding was supposed to be early last Spring, but they kept on moving back the day. You'd think that was a sign or something.

When we left, the band was talking about how now they can play a lot of FUNK rather than sappy love songs. Although Beyonce's CRAZY IN LOVE wouldn't fit that category and that was the song they were working on as we were finishing up.

But then again "Uh oh uh oh uh oh oh no" seems slightly fitting.

Awww, that poor poor bride.