Friday, September 17, 2004

So every so often, I'll get emails from Divisoria.net which is a filipino website where I can get all the music and dvd goodies I usually can't find at Seafood city. Actually, I only ordered once for a karaoke mulitplex tape, but I guess that one time has put me on the "emails for life" list.

Anyways, one of the new movies they were advertising on the email went by the title of "Sabel" and had the following tagline:

Her love...
every man's challenge
Her story...
every woman's secret.


It makes you think romantic drama huh. Now read the movie description...

"Sabel" is a compelling story. Judy Ann Santos is Sister Sabel, a nun who counsels prison inmates. Jojo has a crush on the perky nun, and rapes her one moonlit night. A traumatized Sabel leaves the convent and stops visiting the prison.

Months later, Jojo is released. With Sabel still on his mind, Jojo begins looking for her. When he finally finds her after months of searching, an unlikely romance ensues. Sabel announces one day that she's pregnant. But before a happy Jojo can propose marriage, Sabel disappears again.

While searching for Sabel, a heartbroken Jojo talks to the ex-nun's friends and family, and is shocked by what he discovers. Sabel was apparently fond of casual sex, and given to modd swings and bouts of rage. Jojo then happens on even more disturbing news: Sabel is now reportedly living in the mountains of Benguet, where she is on trial for murder. Could a former nun be capable of such a heinous crime?



Wow. Talk about DRAMA. I was telling Dielle about this movie last week, and as I was describing how the girl who was a nun was raped by an inmate... I couldn't stop laughing. Apparently I am heartless bitch who takes pleasure in one fictional character's misery. And you thought Jane Eyre had some problems with Mr. Rodchester being married to the psycho attic chick and later only having one eye. This story just gets worse and worse... shes raped... shes pregnant... shes in love with her rapist... shes running from the law... all while being a NUN!!

Ahhh, this is something I will need to rent someday.

No comments: