Tuesday, April 25, 2006

What a crock!

After having it for sometime, we're finally christening the new CROCKPOT. For the entire day its been simmering and sweating up a storm... and let me tell you, my mom has been ansy pants ALL DAY. It started at 10am when I was driving to work and she called me to see if it had been plugged in...

Mom: Did Sonny plug it in?
Me: I don't know... I didn't go into the kitchen..
Mom: OH NO! What if he didn't.
Me: Well, its ok. I'll be home around 3.
Mom: That's not enough... IT NEEDS 8 HOURS!!
Me: 8!? I thought it was only 1!
Mom: NOO!! 8!! WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO!?!

Well, I got home early and lo and behold... it was plugged in and the house smells like meat. And we're not talking about the glade-plugin.

You'd think this is the first time we've ever used a crock-pot to slow simmer a meal before...

Oh wait. IT IS!

Exciting.