Sunday, April 02, 2006

Get down girl... go head get down.

Ok. I'm alive. :)

I wonder if folks are still reading this...

Anyways, if so... "HI!" Sorry. I suck. I know.

Some interesting things that has happened...

-I got a new car. Yes. I got a shiny new car. Its red. I call it "Alante" so I can run right up to it, do the Bundy Bounce and scream "The neeeeww Alante." Its all so very exciting. :)

-Last night at work, Sal and I got antsy so we listened to K-BIG and actually faxed a request for "SHE WORKS HARD FOR THE MONEY" which I was surprised to find out that Donna Summers sings. For some reason, I always thought it was the Pointer Sisters... but alas it isn't. K-BIG didn't play the song, those bastards, but I'm sure there will be another DISCO SATURDAY NIGHT with Sal where we'll call and give the hotel a shoutout.

-God bless girl scouts cookie time. When I visited my local Henry's there was a troop outside and one girl was dressed up as a THIN MINT. I wanted to freeze her and crush her in vanilla ice cream... but I didn't. That would be murder.

-Last week, I wanted to get my haircut... so I called the salon and asked for a reservation with OOnah, the girl whom I've been going to for the past 2 years. The thing was that she didn't work there anymore AND they didn't know where she had gone. WHAT!?! Can I tell you that right at that very moment, I felt abandoned. WHO DOES THAT!?! I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING! I TRUSTED YOU!! So I called around and Kristine recommended her hairdresser in Montclair. I went, but it just wasn't the same... Its funny cause when I told Joe this, he said he knew someone that would be good which sounds intriguing. Maybe I'll try her next time...

-I signed up for the "keep the change" program over at Bank Of America. Its pretty awesome. Not really interesting... but thought I share. Perhaps you might be interested.

-I just had a giggle fest on the phone with Jean. Apparently "ass is ass". AND HOW...

-SO I just finished watching Grey's Anatomy... can I say that when they showed Chris O'Donnell coming down the stairs looking all rugged and hot I literally said "Heello." Serious. Oh look I'm salivating just thinking about him.

-While I hope I'm not being too TMI... but I went underwear shopping today. Yay for new undergarments! Can I tell you how disappointed I was to find out that Target no longer sell the cute Hello Kitty panties anymore? They also had like Disney and Pink Panther, and other cute cartoon briefs too. But now they don't. Serious. And you'd think that Target could never do wrong. I guess not. But none the less... it was a good day of shopping.

-I really need to dance. Like "go to a club", "screw guys" (in a "forget guys" kind of way as opposed to the other "screw" connotation that comes into mind), "lets get hot and sweaty to the loud ass music that's vibrating around me and drink a bit" kind of dancing. I have that urge for it. ON the super bright side, this Friday, I actually get off work early and I have a late shift on Saturday night which means that I just may be able to go out, play, and wake up in time for work. *Hmmmm* Anyone game? Actually I've been trying to implement the "dance hour" at work... but it really all depends if there's a good song that gives me the urge to DANCE! I'll make everyone stop what they're doing for a good 30 seconds and DANCE. God bless the 10:52 DANCE HOUR!

- Speaking of work, can I say that while I enjoyed work before, I really do LOVE it now. Yeah, its a lot more stressful and I do get screamers every so often... but its exciting to see how the day goes and I am pleasantly surprised that I can stand somewhat on my own with the new responsibilities. Plus I get to dress up. Yay for dressing up all grown-upy.

OK... that's all I can think of at the moment. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicole! I'm glad you started writing again, how I missed it.

So you got more responsibilities at work?! What are you doing now?!

And the cheescake post farther up, you are right on the money. Godiva Chocolate cheesecake...OMG! *drools*

Beth said...

dude, i've been trying to implement a "dance hour" at work too! i've had NO TAKERS. everyone just stares at me like i'm CRAZY. mine was supposed to be at 4pm, just after the 3:30 sugar fix. i'll institute one yet... you need to teach me the shopping cart and the sprinkler so i can do them and attract cute boys.

Beth said...

btw, this is BETH...

Jean said...

i've never liked the whole naming your car thing, but i think only because i suck at it. you - you are good at it. i'm so jealous, alante is so perfect.