Saturday, May 14, 2005

Movies galore!

I got this "challenge" from my fabulous cousin Kristine. Along with having the same bloodline, we BOTH have pink rooms. Hers was pink way before mine though... she's the trendsetter. I'm just her wimpy follower.

1. total number of films i own on dvd/video
Too much. Really. I found an copy of Sister Act in a box full of videos... still in plastic wrap! But I can't complain because there's practically something for any mood.

2. the last film i bought...
"Wayne's World" Chelle, I think, stil has the VHS version of it since HIGH SCHOOL which I bought for $16.99 at the San Dimas Werehouse in 1993... so it was a TOTAL bargan to find the DVD at Walmart for $10 2 weeks ago. Oh how I love cheap DVDs.

3. the last film i watched
In the theater: Hitch On DvD: House of Flying Daggers

4. 5 films that i watch a lot or mean a lot to me
1. Singing In the Rain- I have to agree with Kristine... Gene Kelly is kind of a babe, althought he looks like he would be a bad kisser in the final scene. But the movie reminds me of when Carlene and I would stay up late during the summer, make waffles, run into the bedroom once my dad would come home from work... and returning back to the living room when he went to bed. Oh to be a young "rebel".
2. Anne Of Green Gables - Ok. So it never was in the theater. But my mom would borrow the movie from the San Dimas library on a weekly basis for us that eventually she copied it (oh the evil with 2 VCRS!) and we would watch it all the time. Oh how I love Jonathan Crobie and boys named Gilbert.
3. Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom - Harrison Ford in khaki. The asain kid (Data!), monkey brains, and vodoo priests ripping still beating hearts out. Nuff said. I love love LOVE this movie!
4. The Little Mermaid - If you don't sing along or cry at the end, you must be a cold cold bastard.
5. That Thing You Do! - The scene where they hear their song on the radio for the very first time ALWAYS gives me goosebumps. It always make me wonder what would have happen if I persued my OWN recording career...

*crickets chriping*

...or not.

I want to pass this meme on to:
Ryan- because he needs to update and goodness knows hes a huge movie buff.
Luc- a netflick fanatic, he knows his sh*t!