Sunday, March 27, 2005

I'm watching the GILROY GARLIC COOKOFF on the Food Network at the moment... and I just recognized one of the contestants from the GREAT CAKE BAKEOFF that they showed awhile back. I mean, a white woman with big 'afro' hair and big glasses who tries to steam cook a almond cake cake is someone you really can't forget. Plus from what I remembered from the bakeoff was that 50% of the score was made up of the STORY.... meaning how the recipie came about and I remembered thinking "well... that's crap. anyone can BS a cheesy story about a cake and they can already have a heads up in the game!" And perhaps this is all a sign that I really need to get a life huh.

Anyways, I hope everyone had a beautiful Easter. Today on the way to church, a butterfly slammed into the windshield of the car and stayed for a bit. Do you know how creepy that is!? One of the creatures the symbolizes life and spring and it kamakazis into your car.... on Easter Sunday of all days! But it eventually moved (perhaps after getting over the shock of what it had just done) and flew away. I hope its alright... In any case, the rest of the day was nice. Lunch with mom, lunch with dad at my aunt's, and playing with the babies. :)

Work has been.... hectic. Welcome to spring break. I like to think of it as training for summer because goodness knows its gonna suck hardcore once May rolls around....

Oh no. Did they they just use Vermeer's Girl with a Pearl Earring in a eye drop commerical!?! Ugh.

Which reminds me, Kristine... have you seen the starburst commerical where the guy creates a sculpture of a girl using starbursts. And in the backround, they play Lionel Ritchie's HELLO.... Its a beautiful beautiful thing.

...Anyways back on work. So the other day, I had a guest throw her shoe at her husband because he didn't book two nights for their reservation and when they tried to extend it upon check in, they couldn't because we were completely sold out. Craziness huh. Right before the shoe thrower, I had another irate guest that resulted with an interview with security AND an almost run-in with my scary lemon guy in the break room. This was the same day Jerad gave me a 'lucky' penny. Lucky my ass.

Oh and my phone broke last Saturday...

But hey I got a new one on Thursday...

With a rebate that ought to be coming in 5-6 weeks.

So that just means I'm poor at the moment.

But hey at least I have my nifty new glasses...

But also means double the poorness.

Boo.

Oh shit... is this a TAMMY movie marathon on AMC!?

Well bless my soul it sure is!!

:)

No comments: