Tuesday, June 10, 2008

With Scooby Doo on Channel 2

Its funny, for the last year whenever I've been asked how old I was, I'd  never say "27" but instead reply "I'm turning 28."   I don't know why.  Perhaps it’s the feeling that 28 just seemed SO OLD ALREADY and I was mentally anticipating the actual age change.  Plus 27 doesn't seem like an exciting age… 28, that's 2 years from 30!  That just sounds daunting...

Now I'm 28.  Eek!

Just kidding.

Sorta.

What's been really nice is that all throughout my birthday whenever I was asked how old I was, my response was typically followed with a "NO!  You don't look it!" or "I was thinking 24… tops."  I even got a "I didn't even think you were allowed to drink" in which I think the person had abused his right to drink profusely when he came up with that quip.    Silly drunks.

My birthday itself was low-key… which was absolutely perfect.  Sushi, spa, and an oh so delicious dinner with family.  What more can a girl ask for!?  Work the next day  at 6am was hard to wake up for due to several glasses of wine that night, but definitely worth it when I found the office brightened with pink and red balloons, a little pink table set up with Hello Kitty napkins, plates, lots of food including my very own birthday cake!  :)  Who knew that my first Hello Kitty Birthday party would be at age 28?!

Hello Kitty will eternally make me feel young.

No comments: