Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Reunited and it Feels so Good?

The thing about working in such a popular place is that you're bound to run into folks. A couple of days ago I was in the park actually playing with friends and I recognized some old acquaintances from college. Back then they were dating and now they were married with their newborn baby girl in the stroller. So of course, I say HI and coo over their new family. We talk about the good old days and then the husband says to me.

"You know, you lost SOOOOOOO much weight."
"Um... a little. Thanks! I'm still working on it."
"No seriously, you're a LOT smaller. You lost SOOOO MUCH!!! You look good!!"

Conversations like that, while have the best intentions always make me wanna die because really. HOW BIG WAS I BEFORE!?!? A simple "you look good" would have totally sufficed rather than stress how I used to be a big huge cow in college.

Then here comes the kicker. This is part in the romantic comedy when the audience cringes.

"So, are you seeing anyone?"

Ahhh. Awkward life. This is why I write shit down.

No comments: