Monday, January 09, 2006

Its a new year baby. Rock it hard.

So the other day, I was checking in an elderly filipino couple...

the father: Nicole... mind if I ask, what is your backround?
me: Um.. filipino.
the father: Oh! And how old are you?
me: 25...
the father: ARE YOU SINGLE?
me: Ummmmmyeea...
the father: CAUSE I HAVE A SON!! HE'S 26 AND HE'S A DOCTOR!!
me: (laughing) Oh my goodness
the father: He's right there... let me get him! (Calls to the son)
the mother: He's a very good boy. He's my baby. I spoil him.
the father: (now with the son) Show him where he needs to park. This is Nicole. She's SINGLE.
me: OH MY GOODNESS.
the father: Don't be embarassed... do you have a calling card?
me: (still laughing) Oh no. Sorry.
the father: Its ok. I'll be back tomorrow.

Crazy crazy crazy. I was more embarassed for the son... but it was sweet in a awkward sort of way.

After telling my mom about the ordeal: YOU NEED TO GO BACK! HE'S A DOCTOR!! THATS YOUR CHANCE!!
me: For all we know, his first name could be doctor. I'm off tomorrow anyways.
Mom: I don't care if you're off. YOU GO BACK!!

Yeah.

Anyways, so how is everyone? I'm doing pretty well though it feels like life has been fairly quiet recently. I had a quiet Christmas eve (worked), a quiet New years eve (worked) and a quiet New Years Day (completely reorganized my closet). I can't complain though seeing that although its been "quiet" I've been surrounding myself with people I enjoy being around... so yay for that!

Can I just say that right at this moment, I'm listening to NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK'S "PLEASE DON'T GO GIRL" and reliving all those old feelings for Joey McIntire. I always knew deep inside, he was singing it for me. OH yes. For me.

OK. I gotta go and clean house... but I pinky swear that I will update more often. I PROMISE. Its a resolution of mine. I've missed you dear blog!!