Sunday, February 10, 2008

C is for cookie, it's good enough for me;
Oh cookie cookie cookie starts with C.

Those who know me (and love me...) know that I have this love/hate thing going for Bobby Flay. Ever since I saw him climb on top of the cutting board on the O.G. Iron Chef, I always thought he was a bit of an asshat. But then after having one of the BEST.DINNERS.EVER! at Mesa Grill a couple of years ago, I (begrudgingly) had to admit that the guy can f*cking cook.

So as much as I hate the concept of the show "Throwdown with Bobby Flay", I always find myself watching it. And suprisingly enough, while I don't exactly root for Flay, I don't necessarily hate the guy anymore. He isn't too cocky when it comes to his competitors and when he looses, which is pretty often, he's very gracious. Actually, when he does win, he seems kind of embarassed for it.

Which makes me think...

This week it was a "CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE" throwdown and well... I'm begining to think that Bobby threw the competition. The girls who own the bakery make these THICK HUGE ASS COOKIE that was filled with chocolate and walnuts. Bobby came with a regular chocolate chip cookie that was flat. Like something you could have made with good ole cookie dough that you get at the grocery. Really Bobby? That's the best you could come up with? I dunno... I was confused throughout the competition because you know he could have done better. It was like he WANTED to lose.


But in the end, its super good exposure for those who he challenges and well... they win because of it. I'm a click away from ordering blondies from Sugardaddy and the moment that Flour ships out Sticky buns, its on like Donkey Kong.

Great. Now I'm hungry. Boo.

1 comment:

Jean said...

mmmm... cookies.