Monday, September 19, 2005

Disco fever outside...

"Don't know why
There's no sun up in the sky
Stormy Weather..."


Boo. I didn't get the promotion. And although I didn't think I would get it, a small part of me was desperately wishing that I was going to beat the odds and win it all. And for a good moment, I seriously thought it was in the stars, but alas it was not. Boo. On the bright side though, I was told that I was on the "right road" to the promotion, but it just wasn't my time. Nonetheless, a rejection is a rejection, and I took confort in a pint of ice cream... and finished it completely. Because as Ryan says, to get to the bottom, you're a winner. And if I can't succeed in work, goodness knows I can win with ice cream. Go me.

Wah.

But wisewords from a billboard near work made me feel better. It said "No man is a failure as long as he as friends." And while I'm NOT a man, nor was I feeling like a failure, my dear friends and family were really great in helping me feel loved and comforted. I think the key thing to remember is "not now" which is WAY better than "not ever" which is good because THAT would suck.

Anyways, so whats up with the weather right now? Its as if there's a strobelight right outside my window and its giving me the heebeegeebees. Today was sunny and lovely, and when I walked out of the house at 8pm today, the ground was wet, there was a slight sprinkle, and it was WARM. Eww.

1 comment:

Jean said...

update update update update update update update.